I just had a very lengthy chat with my oldest brother. All I can do is sit back and say - "whoa dude!"
That poor bugger!
I feel so bad for him, he never thought life would be like this for him. All he wants is someone to love him. Since his wife passed away he has been on the eternal search for happiness - in all of the wrong places I might add! Geesh!
I can see all kinds of wrongs but who am I to judge, I love him to pieces and I wouldn't want him any different, he wouldn't be my brother if he was.
His recent conquest is not working out so well, which given the circumstances I predicted from the get go but hey! Not my call. Whatever, been down this road with him a lot.
He told me he was the "Leave it to Beaver kind of guy, who wants the house, kids and the white picket fence", I laughed out loud and said "um no I'm sorry you are so NOT that person, even when you were with T you weren't that guy, you are a "fast" lane kind of guy". LOL He agreed with me :)
Our convo got pretty deep, for me being the younger of two he commented on who would have expected it was ME giving HIM advice all these years? Yeah tell me about it, him being 17 years my senior I certainly did not anticipate that.
I told him a relationship is never easy and never perfect all you can look for is someone you can live with / tolerate. I know "they" talk about soul mates all the time and how wonderful it is to find them but honestly......lets be honest with ourselves....do you believe there is one person in this world you would love, love, love EVERYTHING about them? Really?
Now I know I am pessimistic, totally dude but come on?
Lets be real, nothing is perfect. I do not know 1 relationship where 1 or both partners *LOVE* everything about their partner. It isn't possible? Is it?
All we can do is hope we find someone who finds value in us and us and in them, who cares enough to want to look after us and us them, someone who has no interest in other companions - only us, someone who feels that sharing a life together would (for the most part) work out well?
Am I right? It is what I tell myself? What do you say?
No comments:
Post a Comment