Thursday, December 3, 2009

Is it You or Is it Me?

Merry December-mas Everyone! grumble, grumble

On Monday I put out the cute little wooden advent calendar I have for my darling daughter. She looks forward to this treat every single year.

I had to tape some of the 2x2x2 drawers shut as the little treats were not small enough to fit in, her feet have grown and the fuzzy socks have gotten bigger - go figure?

There were a few treats (as last year) that are too large to fit so I send her on a treasure hunt for them with a note stating "for your present please go to the TV stand drawer" or junk drawer......etc....

On Tuesday night before bed I caught her in opening the drawers of the TV stand, just one. She NEVER opens those drawers and we have (or I have) strategically placed Christmas statues in front of them......I said "get out of there and you would have thought she had seen a ghost"....hmmmmmmm something smells very bad?

So last night we are hanging out on the couch and she says "do you think the drawer behind the reindeer is door #1 or is drawer #1 by the Karaoke machine mom?".

I look up and say "what did you just say" she freaks out and bury's her head in the couch.

Now last year I only had one gift hidden in there and it was the middle drawer. This year I was going to put gifts in all 3 drawers and numbered them #1, #2, #3.....first year for this.

I said to her "be honest with me, tell me the truth", she yelled and said she has nothing to say? I say "you look pretty guilty", she says "MOM! What are you talking about?" She was all to fishy for my liking......

DH thinks I am wrong.

I also want to mention when we were putting dish cloths away on Sunday she opened up the junk drawer and stared into it...I said "what are you doing?" She says "nothing" , I said why do you have that drawer open the cloths do not go there"...she said "oh I forgot".....................

Did she open the other doors of the advent calendar? I have a plant in front of it to make sure none of the "pop" open??????? Did someone have too much time on her hands?

So I switched the notes and put the gifts in different spots. I'll get her ! Ha!

What the kid made me very thankful for is my lack of caring this year and I hadn't even had a chance to put the 4 gifts in the drawers! Ha! Got ya again!!!!!!

SNOOPER or NOT?

3 comments:

The Original Princess said...

From an experienced snooper.....SNOOPER!!!

lesly said...

I'm totally gonna have to go with snooper! B the Sneakster !! :)

b.c. Gurl said...

definitely a snooper - *but* I'll always remember my mom telling me the story of the year she snooped - worst christmas ever! and I never snooped per se, but always knew what I was getting - except the year I got the horse - and now, all I want is one present under the tree that I don't know about! so even if she did snoop - she's ruined the surprise for herself.