Friday, December 11, 2009

Pinned

I forgot to blog about this last week until a fellow blogger posted a similar situation.

Picture it! Domino's Pizza - waiting for my order.

This woman comes rushing in and her pizza was wrong so they go to make a new one for her, she sits down beside me and instantly starts talking to me, now typically a person says hi but not this broad........

Her: Do you go to church?

me: p-p-p pardon me?

Her: Do you go to church

Me: um not as much as I should ma'am......

Her: What church do you go to?

(now it was at this point I was thinking...hmmmm do I tell her the round church so the devil doesn't corner me {my dads fav phrase} or the truth)

I opted for the truth.

Me: I go to church in Stanley

Her: oh you have Father Aaron don't you, he is so great! Do you realize he is as close to god as your going to get?

Me: oh is that right, yes he is very nice.

Her: Just the other day after mass I had a problem that was upsetting me very much and I asked him and do you know what, he had the answer for me, he was my divine intervention. He is as close to god as your going get.

Me: oh yes is that right

{at this point I was looking the other way, I'm sure you can picture my uncomfortableness}

Her: You are very lucky to have him you know? Are you ladies treating him right up there?

{now at this very point it crossed my mind to have some fun like say "yeah we all give him regular blow jobs lady" but I didn't)

Me: Oh yes we have a CWL league and they make sure he is "taken care of"

Her: oh goody.

Domino's Guy: Ma'am your pizza is ready!

Her: We'll hun I'd better go, god bless you dear.

me: um yeah you too!

I walked out the car dumb-founded! My jaw slack! I couldn't believe the convo I had just had.

Are you serious? What the hell?

Yep I guess I have the "talk to me face" - Lucky F'in Me!

I am sure your all laughing your guts out right about now!!!! Frig off! Not funny! That was not cool.........

6 comments:

The Original Princess said...

LOL....yes, god bless you.

NickyT said...

The round Church! hahaha

Oh Mel, maybe this lady was a *sign*? Or maybe she is crrrrazy?

Either way yes I was giggling :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! The "older" ladies do love Father Aaron!

My grandmother is unbelievable tickled every time he comes to visit her! She's pink and perky ... it's kinda disturbing that the PRIEST gets this kind of reaction from the older ladies of the congregation.

Queen Mel said...

what really bothered me the most....the fact she kept saying he was "as close" as "I" was going to get to heaven/God.

*F* her! I plan to be standing at the perley gates too!

Bitch! She was probably my fairy god mother who gave up and quit because of me!!!!!

StampinThursdays said...

LOL! It's funny and so not cool at the same time. I would have been totally tongue tied and had no idea what to say.

Hollee said...

Gawd!! You didn't burst into flames or anything??! Where's the fun in THAT?! lol

oh - psst...Mel?? When you get to those gates...careful with the F-bombs! ;)