Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How do you....

Tell someone their kid is a pain in the ass?

Your kid is loud and whiney and gets on my nerves and its not just me, other people roll their eyes too?

how do you not chastize that child for speaking to you the way she does?

Who the hell does she think she is?

I'm fine with being a "friendly mom" but your are NOT your child's friend. You are their dictator until they are no longer under your regime.

How do you not teach your child manners? How is it its ok to be rude and not say thank you?

I don't like your kid very much when you're around.

When she's with me, I don't have any of those issues......good as pie. I never have to open my mouth once.

And the whole funny of saying "you could go live with Melanie"...I don't find that funny one bit. Its called parenting. Burying your head or pretending its funny, is totally NOT funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on this topic! It drives me bonkers! You totally wish you could talk to your friend about this issue, but you also know that said friend will have a complete meltdown if you broach it - you'll get the whole "I don't do that" and "no, not my child".

Hollee said...

What you do is clarify YOUR rules to the child, in front of mom (nicely) and handle the behavior the same way you would if your own kid were to try it. ex: If you are going to whyne, you will have to sit out etc.) Or just tell the friend flat out - if she is a real friend...she already knows and likely hopes you havent noticed yet...its not my kid is it??