It never fails....I say yes I'll help, yes I'll go, yes I'll do and I think I am only doing small parts and then boom I am hit with all sorts of jobs, expectations?
I can't do it, I am one person trying to make it in this world.
I have received flak from co-workers because I said no thank you to the work and safety board for our building, I also said No thanks to the social committee as well. Yes, Yes I did....why, well my job keeps me very busy, I have a hard time to stay above water with everyone coming at me and so adding on meetings in other buildings, paying for parking and just taking more time than I have is not my idea as fun, especially when nobody in my building even get involved in anything, so why would I plan something they do not want to do?
The gym....oh the gym...I have been faithful since August 31st 2009 and you know what gym did for me? *F* all, well thats not entirely true, I toned, lost inches (not a lot) and 10 lbs...have you seen me? I've got a ton more than 10 lbs to lose people. I was not a happy camper, the effort I have been putting forward has yeilded very little output.
So on January 1, 2010 I vowed to start counting calories, I limited my calorie intake less 800, I was totally over-eating. My entire household now eats off of dessert plates, why? Because we all eat too much period.
For the last month I have hit the gym the same if not harder. I injured my foot in a bad way...I knew I hurt it in October of last year but I sealed the deal in December and had to go get orthotics for my feet....*groan*
My calorie counting has been fantastic, not at all too hard and I've been brutally honest. It has improved my innards by 110%, my skin/acne has all but gone, I raised my fibre intake through the roof and that has been great.
So that takes me to the 1 month mark where I re-measured myself, re-weighed......I could have cried....I lost 1.8 lbs since last month, but my inches was down 3.5", yes that is great but the scales never hardly moved..how the hell is that possible with all of my effort?
I worked damn hard.
So today I met with a personal trainer who told me I was doing very well and I am dedicated and I am strong and on the right track I need to be....although the scales/inches aren't dropping off like I want them to because of a couple different reasons.......
I can't afford to keep her but I think I can go forward from here and feel much better.
I am doing this.....I will be in top form for October...I will. This I vow to you my friends.
Wish me luck......because there are days I am going to need it.
So as you can see, I have no time for anyone else but me right now...yes I'm being selfish and damn it I like it.
3 comments:
Muscle weighs more than fat. You make more muscle and then you burn more fat. You might not be seeing the scale go down but you're seeing inches. I know its not that straight forward but keep it in mind.
I know, you and everyone say the same thing but at this point I don't care.....the scale number has to drop before I can happier.......its a mind set and brain is trained on a number......
Keep at it Mel!!!! you're doing great!!!!!! It will come, it will! I'm in the opposite camp - the scale says just a little more than I want it to - but I am sooooo not in shape and feel like crap because of it...I don't really care what the scale says, I just want to feel good and fit in my jeans! :)
and taking care of you should be #1!!!!
Post a Comment