I am ready to hit the ball field, last night was our registration and I was a little worried if we'd have a full team or not but lo and behold our reputation preceeds us, we had many return because they love it and some new ones from word of mouth.
Every parent who came in raved about how much their kids loved it and how much fun they had last year and the parents were very happy with the way the program is run.
What a nice thing to hear when you only ever hear about the negative stuff or how it can be run differently.
Good grief people, it is a volunteer job and I give 110% to the kids. What more do you want?
Whatever! I do it for all the right reasons, because I love teaching the kids the skills and seeing them do so well makes me so happy. Kids are amazing creatures, and I think it is so sad when kids say "I can't" when we all know full well they can if they just try, I remember I had a teacher in grade 3 who wrote a note home to my mother saying "Melanie says she can't whenever she is encouraged to try something new, I do not allow those words in my classroom, we want the children to know "they can do anything".
I have adopted that motto, there is no such thing as I can't, although my DD rolls her eyes when I say that and that Practice makes Perfect! But it really does.
I have 19 amazing kids, some who haven't played before and others who have played all 4 years with us. We have a rocking bunch of kids who I suspect will rock the ball field this year.
Play Ball!!!!!!
3 comments:
My Grampy'd be proud of ya !
that's awesome that you had great turn out!!
***I have to tell ya i didnt know what you meant by PUM - PED....***
LOL Sue!
Thanks Shelley.....I do love it. We officially have 20 kids now...2 teams!
Post a Comment