Its Election Time!!
We all know what that means with the annoying billboards, radio ads, tv commercials and the knocking at your door and lets not forget the "we missed you" door hanger.
Why come during the day, aren't the people you really want as voters are the average people who work and have kids?
I'd like to discuss my issues here.
The PC's say they want to re-visit the French Immersion Grade 3 program if elected. Are you nuts? Screw off and quite messing with our children's lives. I heard that and almost jumped out of the car while driving, I was cursing and swearing at the radio, I'm sure the person beside me at the light thought I was a sailor in another lifetime.
You want my opinion on French Immersion and Bilingualism in this province? Well I don't care, here goes. If you want a Bilingual province then so be it, stop segregating children by their geographical location, stop having a French District Board and an English, your drawing lines in the sand. You say you need the Bilingual numbers to go up well do it, every single child in the province of NB should be starting out in NB from Kindergarten learning both languages 50/50 with the exact same curriculum everywhere in this fine province, stop saying its about dollars and cents, yes it is about man-power and not having enough teachers but I know of 5 brand new teachers coming out of UNB who are all bilingual, that is fantastic!!!!! If I know 5 how many more are there?
If this province is going to be bilingual then be bilingual and teach our children fair is fair, children in Neguac would have the same curriculum as kids in Burtts Cornera 50/50 learning of both languages.
My other pet peeve is the MLA's fighting back and forth and wasting money and tax dollars, stop trying to undo and re-do everything thats been done, how about you listen to your voters rather than listening to your party, grow a pair and do what we put you in there to do, your job of representing us?
Phew! Ok I got it out. Deep Breath!
3 comments:
This topic is frustrating, to say the least. But just a point on your idea of 50/50. Studies show that in order to learn a language fully, you need to be immersed in it, the need the 6 hours/day of french to become proficient. If they kids were doing 50/50 the english speaking kids wouldn't learn the french as well and vice versa. To be bilingual, you need more than just conversational french. They need to think in french to speak it. They won't think in french if they are switching back and forth all the time.
Ok fair enough but my point is it should not matter where you live there should be one curriculum for all children in the province where they all learn both french and english, no more Ecole St. Anne, no more rural schools not receiving it, all inclusive program.
True dat!
Post a Comment