Saturday, January 1, 2011

His Daughter

I am no doubt my fathers daughter.

That no filtration system you all talk about, is genetics and I am proud to say it works extremely well. I am my fathers daughter and very proud of it.

My father is in the hospital and it appears 2011 will have us making many visits to that godawful place for many tests, and trip to the doctors offices, up until this week I had said I did not want to be the one responsible for my parents, I did not deserve to be the only one willing to do it at all.

I realized this week I am the only one strong enough to be able to manage it. Little do they know I put up a brave face but behind the scene's it is killing me, but unlike the others I have god given common sense to realize I'm all they've got and they looked after me and now its my turn to return the favour!

When the call came at 3am that my father was taken by ambulance and I should get to the hospital right away I was convinced I was going to arrive and a nurse was going to tell my my father had already died before I got there, before I had a chance........ Luckily I was wrong! Thankfully I was wrong.

Unfortunately my dad is a sick puppy and we have learned that no matter what you stop doing to your body right NOW the punishment you do to your body parts stays with you forever, bullshit that your organs repair, they don't, they can't, what you're born with is all you have and are going to have until you die or you punish them so bad they cut out early and kill you.

Take care of your innards, they are all you have; don't drink excessively, stop smoking, stop everything! Eat Well, Exercise, Take Care of yourself or else! Even then you're guaranteed anything, even the best of people die from cancer or whatever the hell else.........

When did life become so complicated and confusing?

4 comments:

The Original Princess said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. He seems to have 9 lives. I hope they get all this testing done quickly. Sometimes, not knowing can be the worst part. I'm thinking of you.

Hollee said...

It's true that not knowing is awful. Your in my thoughts and prayers Mel.

"The real" MarthaSue said...

thinking of ya - how's he doing now?

Queen Mel said...

He is slowly getting his strength back but her isn't bouncing back at all. This is only the beginning for a long road ahead.