Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The end of something good

Yesterday my good friend Nicole announced she is closing down her scrapbook store, this store holds a lot of memories for me and many other women in the local area......

You could go up there on your lunch and find Nick waiting for you, have a good chat, a great laugh and go back to work feeling refreshed.

Running into friends you haven't seen in a few weeks, having a little catch up with them or hearing Nick had a BIG, Gigantico sale on and everyone must come running this very minute before stock runs out....really she did that all the time and got me hook, line and sinker!

In the past year the economy, the hobby whichever it may be has stunted the growth of our flowering SB store.

In talking with Nick about it over the past year I completely understand, when you go to your store and nobody comes all day long you wonder why the heck am I here when I could be so much more productive or at least be earning money with less the hassle and expense?

I will miss this store very much, luckily she isn't going very far and as for keeping in touch we do that regardless.

I know this is a good step in the right direction for the overall in her life.

I'm so proud of her for having the courage to take this leap and do what she has to do. Its scary and exhiliarating all at the same time and there is no doubt in my mind she can do this bigger and better than anyone else I know.

Congrats Nick! I cannot wait to hear about your first day on the new job.....you'll knock em' dead!

No comments: