I spent my lunch hour trying to buy sneakers today.
I say "try" because I have cash in my pocket, I was ready to put it out and leave it behind so long as I found the right sneaker.
Alas, the Queen could not, due to the difficult and non-caring staff they hire. I started at one spot and tried on every sneaker they had, they really pushed one brand hard and everyone of those were uncomfortable, a sneaker should not be uncomfy, they are full of poop when they say it will be tight at first and will stretch, that is bull pucky!
I explained to the first staff member what I needed and was looking for, mainly support and extra cushioning (I am carrying a lot of weight on these tootsies ya know). This young buck said "its not cushioning you need"...oh really...what is it? He then turned around and said "this sneaker would have the cushioning that you need". Nice young man, nice!
The next girl was a NIKE freak! Nice but I'm not sure yet.....she just kept pushing.
I then went to a 2nd store where they had all the same stuff only higher priced, except one pair I really wanted to try on. The salelady comes up and says can I help you? I say "yes I'd like to try these on in an 8". She comes back and says "I don't have an 8 would you take a 9?"
I look at her, roll my eyes and say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
I used to love buying anything, now its not so much fun anymore, it is hard work.
I really want sneakers but those sales people keep getting in my way and I need them to go get me sizes out back.
Here's a thought, why not list what sizes you do have beside each one, that sure would narrow my search options down.
No comments:
Post a Comment