I am very upset right now. I just heard that my best friends uncle is lost at sea along with a young fellow.
I am very sad to hear this and I can only hope it isn't what I think it is, the outcome will be celebrated not mourned.
How can this be?
In all the years my friends husband has fished I have never even realized how dangerous it truely is, I have only ever thought it was hard yucky sea-sickening job. Never once did I think he'd never return home from a day at work?
How does one deal with the news that your loved one may never return home? That you may never know what happened to make them not come home? That a physical body may never be "recovered", you will never see that person again alive or dead?
How the hell is that possible? Can you even wrap your brain arond that concept? I don't think I can?
They say no news is good news but today as I sit here at my desk twitching I surely do not think that.
Please if you are reading this, keep those fishermen in the front of your memory, think about them as if they were your loved ones, how would you feel, what would you do, sitting in this purgatory of waiting and hoping?
1 comment:
I'm so very sorry to hear about your friends uncle. Many thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Post a Comment