Monday, August 17, 2009

Beer Makes U Braver

I firmly believe this now. Its very much true. My leg tells all the story.

I played 3 games of softball on Saturday, consumed adult beverages for the better part of the day. Our last game at 6:30 found me hitting over the boys heads in the outfield (my best hits of the day)...did I ever mention I love watching a girl hit over a guys head in the outfield because he moved in too far? Yep my favourite thing is to watch them run after it....tee hee.

I'm playing 2nd base - my usual spot. 3rd basemen throws the ball and side arms a little too far to the right...I go after it, it drops and I don't have time to get to my base so I hit the dirt and crawl to the bag, in time to get her out on the force base tag. Yeah me! She almost tramped on my head in the process but I got there.

But not without some scars. My left calf tells the tale. I'll take a picture of it. I did some damage there and filled my leg with dirt and blood. Nice!

The boys all laughed and said "you'd better clean that off", well me being me took my Smirnoff Ice and poured it down over, luckily I was intoxicated enough to not feel it.....although the next day was a different story.

Not only could I not walk / move my leg was throbing from my little incident! What was I thinking...I'm not 20 anymore.....god damn that hurt. Still does.

Yep Beer makes U Braver!

3 comments:

NickyT said...

No surprises.
Hit to Outfield over the boys head and swings the Golf Balls further too.
Love it.
At least you striked out the player and took one for the team. Always knew you were team player lol. You drunktard.

Well Mel, yes we are alike.
Only difference in this tale...

I was 17(NOT IN MY 30's - you goof!) and poured a drink over a really bad cut. Still have the scar on my leg to this day cause I was to stubborn to go to the hospital. Well not stubborn; smart really cause I was very drunk and they would of called my Mom. hahahaha

Oh gosh, that was quite a night - remind me to tell you the story sometime.

Queen Mel said...

hee hee...now that made me laugh, I haven't been called a drunktard in a very long time....bwahahaha!

The Original Princess said...

OUCH!!! That looks horrible. Apparently any kind of drink makes you braver. My family wasn't impressed to hear me yell "J and T hold me up, I'm gonna fall in the fire!" at a pig roast this weekend. :) All is well that ends well.