Friday, August 21, 2009

One More Day...

What would you do with One More Day? If you could share only a few more hours with someone who is gone?

Mitch Albom's novel For One More Day is a tale of Chick Benetto who attempted to kill himself after losing his entire family due to his drinking. He morphed back where his mother met him.

He spent the day with her going from person to person. Asking her questions, receiving unanswered questions.

Who would you spend One More Day with? What would you ask them? What would you tell them?

If I had one more day with only one person it would be my Grammy Parker and I would hug her so tight and just listen to her sing and talk to me......just to have her near me would be so special. I didn't know what I had until she was gone.

4 comments:

lesly said...

I would also spend the day with my Grammy! I still miss her so much. I named my dd after her. So now I totally need to read that book!!!

Anonymous said...

I would spend the day with my father. There is so much I would love to say to him. And I have so many questions with no answers and don't know who ask now.

Kimmartha said...

Grammy Green, hands down. She had Alzheimer's the last 10 years of her life, so I lost her way before I lost her. I would love to have one more day with her from before that time. I wish for this so often...

NickyT said...

A lot lately I have been wishing my Nan back with me. I always could talk to her for the best advice. She had such a way with words and comfort. Hard to believe it has been 9 Months,

Like Kim though I would only want her back with good health. Spending a year with her being so sick, it helps with the comfort of her being gone knowing she is in a better place where her health is no longer a burden to her.