Good Morning Blog World!
It is Monday again! How did that happen so fast?
I am not going to complain about the rain, it allowed me a full day at home yesterday, I never went outside once, not once! I got lots done, had a nap and enjoyed the day!
Saturday the kids softball tourney was cancelled due to rain, some parents were a little suspicious because it wasn't raining when they cancelled, but lo n' behold by 9:30 it was pouring! Good Call Coach Bobby!
I suggested to DH that we skip over to houlton so I can get some Green Mountain coffee and 100 calorie bagels, he then suggested lets go to Presque Isle and take your parents, they want to use their new passports! *Groan* ok!
My Mother! April calls it babysitting, I call it annoying. That woman puts me on edge before she ever arrives. She talked the entire trip over, when we were in Centreville she kept saying over and over that these people celebrated on July 4th, I said "where do you think we are mom", she said "USA of course", I said "do you recall giving a nice uniform man your passport yet", she said "no did I miss him", I said 'um no, we are still in C-A-N-A-D-A", she also questioned if he would give the passport back to her? Um yes.....(she was serious)
When we drove through Florenceville I pointed out the McCain Factory to her and she said "why is there one here? I thought they were only in Florenceville? "MOM we are in Florenceville"
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea how many mindless stories she told me about this person and that person whom I have knowledge of them what so ever, although I should know them, even though they just moved back from timbucktoo only years ago because they went to school with my older brother, oh yes those people, yep know them.
Me reading a book didn't even slow her down, she kept right on talking and asking questions. Good Grief.
We purchased bats for the little kids, we were in desperate need of new bats, I told her what we were buying them for, she picked them up from the trunk to move them and said "M they are awfully short for you aren't they, how do you bat with those", I looked at her stunned and said "MOM I already said they aren't for us", "well who are they for then, why did you buy bats your not going to use", DD finally piped in and said "grammy they are for my team".....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the drive home through Bristol she says "Jack are we in Millville?, nobody answered her, until DH says "nope we are coming back the way we came, this is Bristol", she says "oh I never been to Bristol before" Really never?
I know some of you are laughing your arse off thinking of all those other past stories about my mom and I. I am thinking, how sad is it that I get that upset when I am around my mother even before she arrives? While I have friends out there who are best friends with their mom, or no longer have a mom to go to? My mom and I have never had the relationship like some of you were or are so lucky to have. I have never been able to confide in her or ask her questions, half the time she can't remember my name (seriously).
I am green with envy over the mother/daughter relationships you all have with your moms! You are so lucky, I feel like my mom is an alien beamed down from outer space, she is a shell of a woman who has no beating organs inside her body. It is all make believe and her sole purpose is to annoy the hell out of me because we are so different.
3 comments:
ahhh Mel - not sure what to tell ya - my mother and I were smack dab in the middle of that - she would make me sooo angry - my ears would have steam coming from them i'm sure - we didnt talk about 'stuff' nor did i confide in her (unless it was something i wanted everyone to know about..haha). I knew that she loved my kids unconditionally - and really was a good person (sometimes looking deeep down haha)
It sucks - we get what we are given i guess :)
My hubby told me a long time ago (since I would fight back) to shut my mouth as one day i would regret it if i didn't. Well *thankfully* i took his advice.....one day has come and i am forever grateful to him that i listened :)
ummm..and has she been checked by a dr? haha
Thanks Sue! My Hubby says the same thing but you know my temper! It gets the better of me.
She is still my mother but even she says I am so much more like my father - which is also why we clash.
My mother plays favourites, always has, I am not on the list of favourites because I don't play into her and make her feel all needed and warm and fuzzy, it is me she complains to because the other children can't take care of themselves, but she wonders why I don't tell her anything about my life - because I don't want my life shared with the whole world and my siblings????
Her Dr. doesn't even listen anymore, she's had cancer more than anyone I know - she is a hypercondriac (sp?)
either a) she's in need of medical counsil or b) she's messing with you. In either case - you only got 1 Mom and one life and no matter how bad she is...she's all you got and weather it was because of values she instilled or qualities you've worked overtime to avoid acquiring...a big part of who you are is because of her - and I think you're pretty cool. Learn to smile and nod Mel :) And if that doesn't work - try answering questions with questions. eg: why would you buy short bats? answer; but what color do they come in? :) Like I said...1 life and 1 mum - dont' wish it away. June Cleaver wasn't always June Cleaver :)
Post a Comment