Friday, July 30, 2010

Bun in the Oven

No! Not me! Don't get all cute or nuthin', totally not me.

We have friends who have been good friends for at least 10 years if not longer, we played ball together, partied together, you name it.

This couple has 2 children, who at the time were 6 & 2, boy and girl.

The little girl who is the older child struggled in school and the little boy was quite a handful (it was always chalked up to being a boy), the girl on the other hand the teachers stepped in and said "she should be medicated" and wouldn't you know the meds brought her right down off her ADHD? Or whatever they want to call it.

Through the years she has left home, been terrible and her parents blamed themselves, said it was their parenting and they both took course upon course on parenting, they spent many nights in night school at UNB and so on.

Fast Forward to 10 years and about 4 mths ago this little girl had a baby girl by a man, I said MAN (who is almost 10 years her senior) who has been married before and has no job or none to speak of that I can gather? She is living with her parents, graduated from high school (barely) and has a baby 4 months old.

I see just now (her baby is 4 mths old I said) and she posted on her FB that she is PREGNANT AGAIN and happy about it!

Holy Phawk!

Are you mental? Really? For the f'ing love of god please! Did you ever think who might support these children other than everyone else but you my dear child? You are a child raising a child, what the hell?

I am flabbergasted! AND to top it all off, people are congratulating her! Are you f'ing serious people?

I want to say "what a shame". That would be my response, sorry to hear that are you giving it up to a family who can raise it and afford it because grammy & grampy have no more rocks in the backyard to ring out on you?

Ok I'll jump down from my soap box but all I can say it is that young woman has a lifetime of difficult days ahead of her, because if she thinks that loser jerk sperm daddy is going to stick around to see these kids through their first 18 years of life she is sorely mistaken.

Forever is never forever!

No comments: