I have been spending every single weekend at the barn. My DD is in love with the girls and horses and owner of the barn, Saturday had us at the barn at 8:30 AM and I had to drag her out of there at 1pm.
That darn kid would not leave, just one more stall mommy please, just one more horse to lead mommy please, just one more to feed mommy please! OMG kid!
Her toe got stepped on by one of the baby horses and she never came crying to me? What the heck? She didn't want me to make her go home! Her toe is all green/yellow from the baby horse.
Her "mentors" calmed her down and told her she was ok and that happens, if the mom horse had of stepped on her it would have been way worse, that made her feel better - go figure?
Then as she finished her lesson Gunther wiped his tail and hit her right across the face and in her eye, that made her cry, I was in the barn and missed that too (good grief) they put the cold hose on her face and that made her feel better.
I have to say these girls at the barn are very common sense, they don't get upset easily and they really are fabulous role models to the younger girls. They don't mind hard work, they love the outdoors, pain comes with the hard work and are very friendly.
ahhhh! This is the kind of girl I want my DD to be.
1 comment:
I love when they find something they are passionate about. You get to really see the inner workings of your child :)
Post a Comment