Friday was the last day of school and report card day!
I don't know about you but when I was a kid I always received a "grading gift", it would be a new pool or tent or bike, something big.
And of course there would be no exception for my child, she would indeed receive a grading gift.
So we decided to get her a fish tank. She's been begging for a fish tank for 2 years and we decided now was a good time.
So last week I bought the 5 Gallon Starter Kit and wrapped it up and after our celebration dinner on Friday night we gave it to her and of course momma has the camera ready and I'm recording the big reveal.
She opens the paper up and looks at the box, opens the box up to make sure what is in side is what the box says, screws her face up (like I do) and looks right at us and says "why'd you get me a fish tank, I don't have any fish"? Just as baffled as can be.
We start to laugh and so she asks the same question again.....for god sakes child, really?
Hubby says "ya think you might get some fish to put into the tank now"?
All of the sudden she "registers" as to what we've done and starts to jump up and down and totally freak out and hug and kiss us.
I expected the hugs and kisses right away, an explanation on a fish and its tank I did not!
Good Grief!
2 comments:
LOL I can picture all of this! So cute, she should have been a blond Mel...
lol that is funny.I am glad she liked it.
Post a Comment