Thursday, April 16, 2009

Scare

I had a scare this morning at 5:30, my SIL called to say MIL had to go by ambulance.

I rushed over to check and help out and her arms and legs were tingling and she couldn't raise her head, at midnight she had crawled to the bathroom and had to lay on the floor to rest.

Why she waited 4.5 more hours before saying anything I'll never know. She was upset that the ambulance had its siren on and she felt absolutely terrible.

I was frightened myself knowing she has very high blood pressure and the symptoms she was showing.....

She is now safely on her way home and the only issue they found was that her potassium was very low. I am surprised potassium could cause so much trouble but I am very glad that is all there was to find.

A very scary start to the day.

No comments: