Monday, April 13, 2009

We're Back!!!

Yep we are back and I am kaput! So tired, but I had so much fun, I ate so much good food and the thought of unpacking has me scared.....

Where do I start?

Our flight was very easy and great. We chose to have the Magical Express deliver our luggage (to my dismay) but I was delighted to find our luggage had arrived in under 2 hours.

We went to Chef Mickey our first night at the Contemporary Resort, so we got to try to monorail out.....super cool. Chef Mickey food was ok but not our fav compared to the others.

Monday morning we went for a dip in the pool (just B and I) and a duck....lots of fun.

Then off to Downtown Disney for the Bippity Boppity Boutique....B even got chosen to open the rest of the store. She curtsied (sp?) and said "the store is now open". So cute

Then off to Epcot for our lunch with the Princess', we got lucky and met 5 at one meal, they say only 4 will be there but we had 5. The food was ok but it wasn't the food we were there for.

Tuesday was chilly we went to Animal Kingdom, saw Fesitival of the Lion King - wow!!! If you go to Disney you MUST, MUST, MUST see this, it was amazing....we all loved it. We hit the Safrari which was cool, Tusker House for lunch which we thought was so worth waiting for, it was buffet and the food was hot and very good. We received advanced seating for Nemo the Musical by going to Tusker House and it was well worth it, another fantastic show. Expedition Everest was a maybe for my 2 thrill seekers but the little one chickened out and is sorry she missed out on it......next time maybe?

Tuesday evening we swung over the Fort Wilderness Lodge for the Mickey's Backyard BBQ with free alcohol, well it ain't a ho down without booze and by this point we needed it, what a fun time, lots of characters, live band and MC's are on the dance floor, all the kids went nuts, we sat close enough that B could ho down while we sat down and enjoyed BBQ ribs, chicken, corn bread (love corn bread), and tons of other food........oh yeah corn on the cob too! so delish.

Wednesday AM we hit the Magic Kingdom at 7am, they hit Tormorrowland Speedway and Stitches Great Esacpe ride, I was waiting for the Laugh In Floor with Mike Wazouski - which was totally worth it. So funny. We rushed off to breakfast at the Polynesian Resort for Ohana's Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch (our best breakfast ever), so yummy and good. The juice they served was pineapple juice with OJ and guava (even hubby liked it - figure that one).

We really branched out on our meals I must say.....I made them both vow to try new things and they did.

WednesdayPM had us at the WDW Speedway for the Richard Petty Experience. During the Drivers Meeting they announced that the family members who were over 16 got a break in the price to do a ride along with a professional driver, the cost to do it was $109, our deal was $59 so I jumped on it. DH was shocked when I said I'd do it, I regretted agreeing to it for the first little bit, I was scared....but by turn 2 of the first lap I was loving it, what a feeling, what a sound what an experience...thrill of a lifetime. I went much fast than DH did. They only let him drive about 130-140 mph, I was going 165-170 mph.....it was awesome!

Wednesday was an early night for us, we were in bed by 10pm and conked out!

Thursday AM we were off to Donalds Safari Breakfast at Tusker House that was so good and very worth it. We left Animal Kingdom to hit Hollywood Studios after that, now that park was a fan fav for us.

Having Pre-Ordered the Photo Pass was so worth it, everytime we saw a photographer we asked them to take our photo so we have some really great group shots in front of many great backdrops at Disney.

Thursday evening was Fantasmic, this show was so great and it takes your breath away with fireworks and music and lights and water........wow!

Friday we hit Epcot one more time for Test Track and a few other attractions, this is when we saw Turtle Talk with Crush and Nemo and Friends, two more great shows. For lunch we went to the Coral Reef where the restaurant is inside a fish tank, a big fish tank the food was amazing the scallops and mahi, mahi was deish......hubby had steak and it was very good, the dessert was a Bailey's, ganauche with Jack Daniels chocolate something or other that was so good and dreamy.

In the afternoon we hit our pool and packed up some stuff. The evening we went back to Hollywood Studios for supper at the 50's Prime Time Cafe, by this point we had eaten so much food that we didn't care to eat. But more rides and more looking around.

Saturday was Magic Kingdom day, we were there at 7am headed for some rides and grabbed a bite to eat, hubby grabbed fast passes, we were 2nd in line see Ariel. Rode Dumbo's ride and bought some Mouse ears......the end to a perfect last day, that evening we were back at Epcot at the Garden Grill having a meal with Chip & Dale. The restaurant rotates around. It was awesome.

What a great trip, minus the sore legs and tiredness. We met some amazing people from everywhere, there were tons of people from the UK.

9 comments:

Kimmartha said...

So glad you had such a good time!!! Isn't it amazing when you look back at how much you did and how fast the time went? Are you already planning your next trip? I am...!!!

Queen Mel said...

oh goodness not yet.....but we do plan to return.

cuddles said...

My head is spinning just from reading all about your trip! hehe! Sounds like you had a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! Did you get to see the HM movie?

Queen Mel said...

no we did not, it was playing at the cinema in Downtown Disney but there was never any time......

Anonymous said...

Ummmm ... can I go with you and B when you go here? I actually want to see it but I don't want to go alone ... little too loser-ish.

NickyT said...

LOL - your post makes me laugh - sounds like a great trip with lots of FOOD! teehee

Oh T, went to HM and loved it so much she is going back again. Said it made her cry....which is weird for Ms. No Emotions!

Queen Mel said...

you sure can.......would love to have you come...

Hollee said...

I'm exhausted from reading your post!! lol And hungry too!! I'm glad you had a blast!!! Can't wait to see some pics!!!