Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Every Father's Day we visit the graveyards.


We first stopped to see Lee's Dad grave site and drop off a new wreath. DD found it odd that Grammy's name is on the tombstone and she isn't dead, so we explained why.

I have to admit this kid is so comfortable with stuff like this she took pictures of the tombstone, we walked down the line to show here were Grampy's sister was and his parents. She said "Helen" but that is great grammy's name, we explained that daddy's both grammy's were named Helen - isn't that odd? Very interesting.

Both of our dads have the same middle name "Vincent"....another interesting fact.

After that we headed to my hometown to visit my grand parents grave site , my BIL's grave and my SIL's to which I found my brother had not bought a tomb stone yet! I was very upset by this....he just left it as is. I also noticed that her brother and SIL bought the plots right next to her, we laughed because Thelma would have been pissed knowing those freaks were next to her, they hated her and when she was dying they were the ones who tried to trump my brother in the hospital - oh Thelma would swear knowing she'll have to spend eternity next to those 2......oye.

So before we went to mom & dad's I saw my bro was home so we went in. We got caught up on news, he's been very busy and he hasn't called in over a month. I then asked him when he and I were going to pick out Thelma's tombstone, he said 'um I don't know'...I said "I'm going to call around and get prices and then he was going to pay for it", he said I can't afford much, I said stop it right now, you owe her that last respect in life and you are getting her one.....it doesn't have to be a lot but ya are...he laughed and said "sure boss".

I do not think it is fair when people die we forget about them. Thelma deserves more than that.

On a final note.....I "knew" dad had bought a tombstone I hadn't seen it - until yesterday. My mom is so upset by it, it makes her very mad to know her name and DOB is alread etched into it. Well I get that......it was very hard to see their tombstone starring back at me......poor DD didn't understand it. The final explaination was "Grampy doesn't want us to have to pay for it so he got it ahead of time"...ahhh that worked.

I didn't read the names on the stone, it was too hard.

No comments: