Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ode

An Ode to the Old Lady....

To that nice old lady who I got behind in the Dollar Store today, who only had 5 items in her big cart....

To the same old lady who asked the cashier what the price of something was (yes I know the prices have changed but those are marked)

To the same old lady who took almost forever to put her goods on the counter for the fast check out girl to add up.

..and to this nice old lady who paid in change that was - in her words "lost at the bottom of her purse"...and yes who was 5 cents short from all that dangly change in her F'ing purse.

For the love of god.....have the change ready at least......oh and I'd like to point out she had a NIKE jacket on and new Skechers sneakers on...I have no idea where the lovely plaid pants were from?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!!!!

I can just imagine the smoke coming out of your ears when she started digging for the change!!!!

NickyT said...

This post and the email stating the following:

I swear she looks like the should be hung around the neck of the winning horse at the Derby.

Have been the HIGHLIGHT of my day. Hahahaha *loves* it!

The Original Princess said...

She sounds hot.

I should warn you that when I get old I plan to be an eccentric old bird. I'm also going to flip people the bird whenever I feel like it. They'll take one look at the large peacock feather in my bedazzled hat and brush off my action just thinking I'm just a crazy old lady.