Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day like non-other

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there, I hope you all had a fabulous day!

My Mothers Day was weird and wonderful to say the very least!

It all began with a full ziplock bag of markers crashing down onto the floor outside our bedroom, what a way to wake up, I thought the house was tumbling down. Luckily it was only markers, darn ziplock bag!

I was "informed" to stay in bed.....although my darling daughter had other plans, she made me get up! The nerve of her! She led me out to the hallway where she had colored a great big peice of cardboard that was 4' x 4' with Happy Mothers Day Mom! I love You! You are my Queen!

Well whats a mom to do? How sweet, and she did it all by herself.........awe.....you know it is because of that these little aliens make us think we can get through another day, all the heartache and headaches are forgotten when they do these little things.

After breakfast and presents I spent 1 hour curling my daughters hair, it was her first communion day and I had bought her a flowy gorgeous white dress for this special occassion, although everyone thought I "over spent" on the prettiest dress there I really didn't...Ebay is my best friend when it comes to finds, the dress only cost me $17 CAD shipping and all, her little white high heel shoes cost that much! She was all dolled up to say the very least. She was adoreable.

After all the hub bub of that we headed over to my mom & dads. I had bought bouquets for both mom's that DD gave to each, when we went to mom & dads mom was waiting for us at the door and DD had her flowers behind her back, and flopped into grammy's arms, grammy was so happy she grabbed DD and hugged and kissed her, as I walked in I said "Happy Mothers Day Mom" and she grabbed me and hugged me

Yes read that last line again........go back again if you have to.......you read it right, she hugged me!!!!

I was stunned, shocked, I hugged her back but was in total shock. DD grabbed us both and gave us a "bear hug"........ok wow! um that was weird. My DH poked me in the ribs as we walked in further.......I didn't really notice I was too stunned.

She was very teary yesterday, apparently my dad told my DH that we were first to show up today, it was 3pm when we got there! My brother from Toronto called her and they talked for almost 2 hours but her other children never came! Ungrateful children! How sad, but no surprises there.

After we left, DH brought it back up and he asked me when the last time was I remember my mother hugging me......I couldn't tell him, it took me almost 1 hour to answer and the last time I remember was when I was 4, dad was leaving for another operation in Toronto and I was crying because daddy was leaving and she picked me up and hugged me and said "daddy will be back next week". That is what I remember. 4 years old!

I called my BFF and told her, she has known my relationship with my mom forever, her mom was like a "real" mom to me from the very first time I stepped in her home. She said "is your mother terminally ill". I busted a gut. Because that is exactly what went through my head after it all happened, that something must be wrong.

Either way it was a good day! I am not going to complain I am just going to "remember it forever!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, the hug thing - wow! Wow!

When you said that your last memory of your mum hugging you was 4 years old, I thought maybe you were just being hard on your mum .... but you know what? It suddenly struck me that I can't remember the last time my mother hugged me ... not even when my father died. I know she did when we were little - I have the pictures to prove it. But after the school years started, I honestly can't remember her hugging me. Hmmm. Very interesting!

Glad you had a good day!!! It's good to be appreciated!

lesly said...

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful day! We are not huggers in our family either so I can totally relate!