Thursday, July 17, 2008

Coach is sore

Last night was practice and I worked pretty hard.

Our kids won't run, they haven't got the concept of when you hit that ball you'd better be running or your gonna get OUT! O-U-T!

So last night I decided to get the each group to hit the ball and run and I threatened to get them out, of course nobody got out and everyone got to hit but I chased them around all the bases, each and everyone of them. I'm talking chasing them with the ball saying "you'd better run, run fast, I'm gonna get you, run, run, run" the entire way around the bases, its a long haul try it sometime. :o)

At one point I was bent over, heaving trying to catch my breath from the heat and the exercise that one of the dads who was standing on first base said "you want me to chase them"? I was so relieved I told him I loved him! I was dying out there.

I'm going to have tag them out next time and I'm sure that sitting on the bench will "learn" them to run!

With having Wii Fit and doing that for 2 nights straight then running all that way last night I got into bed last night and was very sore, this morning I'm not real bad but I know when I cough or laugh there are parts that hurt that I didn't expect to?

2 comments:

The Original Princess said...

Running is for suckers.

Queen Mel said...

apparently you've been talking to my team huh? I'm sure someone told them that little tidbit because I don't run very fast and I caught up to the majority of them, I felt like picking them up and carrying them, which is what they would have enjoyed - right?

:o)

I got home last night and had multiple charlie horses in my calves.....that was terrible.....a hot bath took them away but man my legs hurt.