Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Most Shocking

Happened yesterday around supper time, we had been on-line and we recently re-aquired voicemail with our new phone service packaging.

My baby girl was next door at grammy's house and was trying to call home, so she pulled a hang up yelling "Grammy they didn't pick up", she eventually came home to ask what she needed to ask.

When I got off the internet and picked up the phone to hear the beep, beep, beep I went on to hear the message, then for fun I pressed *5*, the number who says who is calling and what time (I did it because I was wondering how close was it to her going over to her calling, most times there is not much time in between the two).

As I did this the time, number and then the voice.....the voice that came on and said whose phone it was.....the voice was my Father-in-Law's voice, the man who passed away 6 years ago this November. I went through and listened again, then again, and then one last time.

I heard his voice, it made my stomach flop over. My heart came up into my throat, it made my jaw hit my chest.
The idea of hearing a dead persons voice, someone who you've dreamt about hearing speak again. It was amazing.
When my husband came back into the house I warned him and had him listen to it as well, he said "save that", he turned pretty green listening to it, it was the greatest thing ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lee is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky. I don't know what I would give to hear my dad's voice one more time.

Tina said...

That is so awesome, I got goosebumps reading this. It must have been such an amazing feeling!

Anonymous said...

Awww WOW this is freakin' awesome!!!!!! I got goosebumps too and I got a little teary too.

How's your shopping trip going? What did ya buy? :D

PS Check out my blog....I have tagged you.