Oh What Fun we had shopping in the USA. We nabbed some amazing deals, I basically went to get back to school clothes and boy did I ever! For $150 USD we purchased 2 pairs of sneakers (Skechers no less) and 5 complete outfits plus one extra Taylor Swift t-shirt that I was told "mama I have to have it, its Taylor!", who could resist that?
I have to laugh, I don't know how many of you know what the store Mardens is like but its a store that buys out other stores merchandise, its a warehouse type, dark, dingy, dirty and mostly junk. In Brewer, Maine (10 mins from Bangor) they have a huge Mardens and everyone, just about everyone raves about it, well I've never had much luck for finding anything in there because its so dark, dingy and dirty. Not this one (as much) and we were there early so the crowd was minimal. We bought a 30 pack of DVD-R for $6.99, just the other day we bought 10 for $11, I also bought candy for our upcoming Halloween camping trip where the kids trick or treat, we need 200 treats and I found burger gummies (and they were soft). I almost bought a purse but one side had the seams ripped out of it (darn it). Our greatest find was Skechers flip flops, my DD begged us to buy them for her at JC Penny & Kohl's they were $29.99 (not bloodly likey am I going to pay $30 for flip flops my dear).....well in to Mardens you'll never guess how much they were..................never! They were $6.99 exact same! I know, I was tickled pink and so was my child.
I bought myself a lovely new bathing suit that was $60 for $34, it looks like Scrapbook paper, shame I'll never SB it unless its on someone else :o)
The food was amazing but how could it not be? At The Texas Roadhouse we had rib eye steak, rack of ribs, baked sweet potatoe and to top it all off a Jamacian Cowboy Margarita! Oh I wish I could have it right now......*sigh*. Of course we had some Dominos Pizza as well, can't go to a city that has Domino's and not have it, mind you since my diagnosis of dairy intolerance I hadn't had pizza (over 1 month) so I took 2 lactaid pills and went to town on that pizza, I had 3 whole pieces and cheesy bread, guess what those lactaid pills are my saving grace........dang that pizza was good and without pain.......
So there is the Money Honey! A mini-vacation away was well worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment