Friday, October 17, 2008

I don't understand?

This morning I had this crazy convo with my daughter about Christmas.....

It started out we were discussing her allowance and how well she has been doing saving her money and not blowing on nothing......

She comes back with ......."well I want to buy the puppy at Zellers that pee's and has a leash".

I say "really, you want another dog, why would you waste your money on that?"

She says "its my money mom and I want that toy".

I say "you know Christmas is coming, what are you going to ask Santa for?"

She says "I don't want anything for Christmas, I'm not writing a note to Santa"

I say "So why did you ask Auntie for 3 things"

She said "well thats all I want, I don't want anything else"

I say "and this pee'ing dog?"

She did not respond for a minute and said "so I'm not getting the dog am I? (rolling her yes no less)

I was beside myself.......

So my 6 year old girl does not want to write to Santa nor make a list, she isn't a toy playing person, only sometimes...and now she wants nothing....

Am I over-reacting? What do I do? I can't believe this child is really mine?

3 comments:

NickyT said...

I think the kiddo is pretty darn smart :) She is learning skills of negotiating to get what she wants NOW not LATER.

She *thinks* that if she is only asking Auntie for 3 things for Christmas there is no reason why everything else should have to wait.

SMART KID :)

Queen Mel said...

Yeah Smart Kid...Lucky Me huh? LOL

This kid is going to drive me nuts!

"The real" MarthaSue said...

....all i can say is welcome to the next stage....dear lord... haha