Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oh Boy!

So last week my DD and DH were sitting at the kitchen table working on her homework, she was reading.......the English language can be quite difficult when you try to teach a child the ins and outs of the words and their sounds.

I'm in the office on the computer and I hear her say "a-a-a-a-a I can't say that word", DH says "yes you can, sound it out a-a-a-a-a".

She says "Daddy I can't say that word", DH asks "why not, just sound it out, say the word".

I begin to snicker because the sentence is making sense to me and I say "Guys the "S" sounds like a "Z" for that word"

DD says "a-a-a-a-a-a-"s""s"s" {in a z sound} and she yells AS, the word is is AS


Yes the word is AS not ASS, ASS has 2 "s's".......

Daddy begins to laugh, he just got it!

No comments: