I fully believe you should have to have a license to pro-create. No just any slep should be able to bring babies into this world, but even still we give idiots a license to drive so nothing is fool proof.
I am sick and tired of seeing people do terrible things, make poor decisions or care less about their children, their legacies, OUR future.
Children are little people in little bodies, but none the less they are people too. They are very smart (for their intelligence levels) but they still don't have the power to make the best coping, social and methodical deicisions, for god sakes how many adults do we know that can't make good decisions (my point here - adults who shouldn't have kids).
Now I'm not perfect (closer than others but not absolute :o)
If your going to have children then you had better be ready to sign on for the lifetime committement, don't think for one minute you get off once they become a certain age, these children are yours forever, your responsiblity. Kicking them out of your house or "writing them off" will not make them go away.
On Easter Monday in Nova Scotia a small suburb had some trouble with 4 kids all under the age of 12 who set some fires and other vandilism, the neighbours felt the parents should be responsible to pay for the damages and I agree to some extent. I think the boys should have to pay this back through community service, raking lawns, shovelling snow, mowing lawns or carrying fire wood. Either way they should have to see what the consequence for their actions are.
Thats the idea to parenting to teach our kids that for every action there is a consequence. But alas, there are adults out there that have no clue, they do something bad and say "what? I didn't do anything, why am I being punished"......
Hmmmm, I wonder why? No morales, no respect, no pride in your self? Answer All of the above.
No comments:
Post a Comment