Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Commercials

I don't know about you but I watch commercials, I like them or hate them or shake my head at how crazy some writers must be.

I would like to point out a few that really take the cake.

1) Monistat - I saw this Sunday night and almost fell of my chair. A woman is walking down the street and her lower abdomen has a thunderstorm on it, she meets another woman on the street whose V-JJ has popping up talking clouds that say "!*&#", then another "AUGH". Next scene is them arriving home with the Monistat box and one ladies V-JJ has a nice sunny day showing, the other's talking clouds are popping out again with "Ahh", and a smiley face (I think)....

That was almost too much for me to take, give me a break, what next will they think of.

2) Tourism NB - Ok the French only commercial pissed me off, its ENGLISH TV and why are we only promoting the French aspect of our province, yeah thanks a lot. So I noticed Sunday night as well its been changed to English. That made me happy, since its English TV I was watching.

3) "Ain't No Bugs On Me" - the little puppy with the hankerchief around his neck singing that song about flea medication (can't remember which one) but I love that, he is so stinkin cute, I just can't get enough of that one.

4) Mini Wheats - We love this commercial, we get up and dance each time this comes on...."mini, mini, mini Wheeeeaaattttss!" - Yep love this one

5) Cottonelle - Those white persian kitties......how cute and clean and without tangles are they? I love them

6) Michael Waltrip / NAPA commercial where he is signing autographs and this guy comes up to him with a talking Parrot, he says "Michael I'm your biggest fan", the parrot starts talking "55 is just your car number, Squwak not the speed limit Michael", "Squwak get off the arpon and race Michael, don't be scared Squwak"...those Nascar commercials are way too funny!

****************************************************
By the way, I woke up from a crazy dream this morning........I was listening to Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech I have a dream and Nick came in and grabbed my arm and said "hey you comin'?" Then I woke up, I have no idea why and how did Nick get into my dream and where did she want me to go?

Just another crazy Tuesday!

5 comments:

NickyT said...

I agree on the Tourism one. Rob, wants to write a greivance to the Province LOL. I know it being on an English channel is crazy.

Maybe, I was trying to get you to come to work with me? In my dream last night I was working and having to find a bed at the hospital to sleep in cause there was no sense in me coming home before my next shift. I must of wanted to see you or something LOL.

Anonymous said...

I so hate that Monistat ad. WTF? It must have been thought up by men. Douches. And the friggin' Nissan ads are the STUPIDEST I have ever seen ... specially that Days of Grace one.

Sunny said...

I like the car commercial ad (not sure which car company) where the guy dances the dance from Flashdance. He's just your average guy and he even gets water dropped on him. It's hilarious.
I hate the Monistat commercials too...really stupid.

Anonymous said...

Man I love commercials (well most of them lol). Almost all of Dairy Queen commercial crack me right up.....

An older one where some guys in lab coats are testing their new 'moolatte' on a blindfolded woman. She loves it so much she gets up and trys to run away with it, but she can't see so she ends up falling into the blinds. The guys are just looking at each other like WTF is wrong with her? LOL Love that one.

And the flame broiler commercial where the two guys and girl are out on thier lunch break. One guy starts talking, but he is breathing in while he does it and it is making wierd sounds. The the other guys asks "why are we talking like this?" Then flames start shooting out of thier mouths. hee hee

Queen Mel said...

Ok Tracey YOU are so right, I'm sitting laughing my butt off at both of those, the flame thrower I couldn't get enough of.....remember the pregnant girl who loves the blizzard? She ate everything in sight then wanted his burger? Love those......