You know how it is when everyone wants a piece of you?
Can you do this for me? Right Away
Can I have? Now
Can you go get this? ASAP
Can this be moved forward? Yesterday
Can you, can you, can you translates to I want, I want, I want and I don't care that I can see you are swamped and I can't see the fake wood of your desk, I want what I want and its all that matters and I'm going to sit here and stare at you until.
Your phone is ringing, should you get it? "um no its just another idiot wanting something else".
I am sick and tired of people bursting in on meetings, giving their 2 cents worth that wasn't asked for, bitchin' and complainin about anything they can find fault in but doing nothing in return but watching me "the hampster" go round and round.
I totally lost my "customer service" voice today, had someone come in and say "can we do this ASAP" and I said "get in line and take a number honey cuz this gal just can't help ya now, your gonna have to wait". She laughed but she got my point pretty clear.
Most times I do what is asked right away but for god sakes, open your god damn eyes and have a little respect like "when you get a chance can you get to it" BUT don't come back in an hour and say "didya do it".
3 comments:
I made a list that I keep on my desk like the after hours clinic and make people sign in when I"m swamped busy :) Maybe a little over-kill, but it puts life into perspective ;) Column 1 has the date, Column 2 has the time, Column 3 has their name and Column 4 is where their "Brief" description goes. Column 5 is when they'd like to have it done ;) that one getsem every time!! LOL
Oh...and it's totally on a clipboard too ;) LOL
Just imagine if they were all under the age of 3 ...
Post a Comment