Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kill Me Now or I will

As some of you know I have a very big office all to myself, it actually has 2 office in it but the other has been vacant, unless you count all the external clients coming in for the day and working at the empty desk, its a big joke around here that I'm in the "red light" district, revolving door if you will with all the different men coming and going, I really don't mind the company or the eye candy to be honest :o)

Until last week. A student from the college has come in for a month to do his practical. I was only told I was a getting a "new guy" for a short time before he arrived. I thought cool, student, young, cute.......I never considered the alternative. He's challenged, I'm told he's brilliant in his field and I'm entirely sure of it but for the love of god he won't stop talking to himself and when I'm on the phone he interjects comments, if someone comes into my office he pulls himself up a chair. Its been so bad I've been hiding out in other people's office, I can't turn around he's become my shadow and he's not working for me.

I also do the purchasing of all hardware / software and today I had 2 boxes arrive in my office, as I went to open them he pulled up a chair and sat and watched with a goofy grin rubbing his hands together asking "what is it, what is it, it feels just like Christmas", now for those of you who know me you can guess my response......"yeah".

So I set them down and went back to my computer work and waited 10 minutes, he hears me again and f'in pulls up his chair again (who ever thought of the f'in wheely chair I hate them today).

I spoke to my manager yesterday and said this is enuff, I'm fine if he would just sit there and do his work. The good part is he is doing to everyone, he walked into a meeting this morning with my director and boss in HER office, they asked him to leave.

So my point is, I think I might slit my wrists.

His supervisor spoke to him this morning about interupting workers but that only helped til lunchtime, he's freakin' back at it. I had another box that I waited to open until 30 mins ago and I silently slit the packing slip open and BOOM up he came saying "your so lucky, I love boxes, its just like Christmas" and I said "yeah Christmas" and put the box back down.

I feel like a caged animal this is terrible.

My Director came by today to ask me a few questions and blah, blah and he interupted with his "knowledge" and she just looked at me, she knows what I'm going through here and his response to everything that isn't working or something that messes up is "lovely" and so he said "lovely" and she walked out.

My response to that "Fuckin' Lovely" ~ Just kill me now, so if I don't answer e-mails and phone calls leave a message I'm hiding under someone's desk, in the server room or sitting in the bathroom stall rocking back and forth with the plastic knife my co-workers have lent me.

BTW, I am soooooo happy I could make your day! I know most of you are in tears, anyone who knows me knows I'm serious and I might rip his eyeballs out by next week. Enjoy the Laugh! I'm use to it :o)

7 comments:

The Original Princess said...

It would be a shame if he got locked in the supply closet.

Queen Mel said...

I tried to convince co-workers to help me clean that closet, stay late, move him in and voila next morning escort him into his "new" Executive office but nobody wanted the bad rap!

:o)

Tried that.

Anonymous said...

I did get a giggle out of this. You could always play the copycat game. See how annoyed he gets when the tables are turned.

The Original Princess said...

Jay is a great idea!!! Or better yet, repeat EVERYTHING he says but say nothing else to him all day. Don't even look up. C'mon, do it.

Queen Mel said...

yeah and I can envision him sitting in the freakin' corner sucking his thumb, scratchin' the side of his and rocking back and forth saying "mama, mama, mama"....

Not thanks, I already have a bad reputation :o)

My collegues have suggested I speak to him but not knowing his sensitivy level I am afraid to, I can see him (no matter how nice I say it) him breaking into tears and then what do I do, hide out until mid June?

U guys are NO help :o)

See I knew you'd giggle......buggers (LOL)

NickyT said...

He survived another day eh? Maybe, he is a nervous chatter? Maybe, once he is more settled into his surrondings he will chill out.
If you keep changing his surrondings, closets, under desk legs tied and mouth gagged, in the server room hog tied I'm sure he will just keep the nervous chatter up ;)

Sunny said...

Send him on impossible errands. I would be in the same boat. I hate those make work projects that end up just making more work for you.

You did make my day though he he he