Last Monday, our day off, where I laid in bed and prayed to be taken out of my misery from the terrible flu that riddled our household my gorgeous baby girl came running in the house from having lunch at grammy's to announce the BIG news!
Her tooth was loose.
What a joyous event, we were so happy, well I showed as much enthusiam that I could muster being fatally ill and all. We offered to get the pliers or the string and that was all fun and good.
Its been 8 days later and that tooth has not come out, its not even "wiggly" enough to attempt it. What the heck is going on?
Sunday I looked in and the adult tooth is coming up behind it and jutting the baby tooth outward, the adult tooth is half way up!
So what do I do? All you "seasoned" moms what should I do? I'm sort of getting concerned? No I'm really concerned, can yone shed any light on this?
I hope and pray she doesn't end up with 2 rows of teeth, my brother had a terrible time with his teeth, he even had some grow out the roof of his mouth, mucho dollars later he was "sort of" fixed.
I called the dentist and they said "can't get you in for 2 more weeks", huh really? Gee thanks she end up in a terrible mess by then. So I suggested the dentist call me and we talk, I hope I'm just being concerned and over cautious. Fingers Crossed.
3 comments:
I think the adult tooth will push the baby tooth out eventually. It seems to me that someone else's daughter had the same issue.
UPDATE: Talked to the dentist and he said not to worry, but in 2 weeks time if nothing has changed come in, well I'll be in Toronto then......I pray it comes out before then. geesh
One of Tori's teeth did that. Eventually it just pushed it out and I was worried it would mess up her teeth but she has perfectly straight chompers. It was on her top row - Krista you are probably laughing at my lack of dentist words - and the tooth was way up above the other tooth. Hard to explain but it all worked out just fine :)
Post a Comment