Facebook was all fun and games until last night....now its ruined.
2 days ago and old, old friend way back, like the age of 3 who I went to school with my entire life, fought with, played with, got into major trouble with found me. She stirred the pot all over again.
She was trouble with a capital "T" in every sense of the word. In grade 7 I fell head over heals for the goalie of the hockey team, who was the gym teachers son, his nickname was "Burnout" and at that time it was cute he had a nickname at all. He was cool, his parents let him come and go, he had a ton of friends and was in love with me (or so it seemed)?
Either way, in grade 8 they "hooked up", I found out "through the grapevine" and from then on we fought over this guy, we both loved him. Fights in the girls bathroom, at the dances, notes were passed, who would take "BurnOut"?
So as the story goes I got tired of him, after he pushed me up against the wall and held me there, he shocked me and out of suprise I grabbed his arm and pinned him and said "don't you ever f'in touch me again or I'll break your f'in arm" and left his house and only saw him at school.
So she took him and I thought good riddence, he's a loser anyway.
Time goes on and she had many, many, many guys past him, I remember her keeping a list of guys in grade 9 through to high school, that girl would do just about anything - she was popular to say the least.
The last 2 days she has been posting old pictures from way back, the first one wasn't so bad, the b-ball team picture and my big hair but last night took the cake. See BurnOut and I had our pictures taken together at K-mart while we were together, why? Because it was going to last forever and we needed to save the moment for memories we could tell our great -grandchildren about some day - NOT!!!!
Sweet huh? To this day I shake my head and GARF a little bit each time.
Girls are so dumb at this age, we think guys matter more than each other, when will we ever learn that boys are only after one thing, and they can come and go but girl friends can last a lifetime?

8 comments:
ok so stop laughing and get up off the floor...I mean it!!! The really funny part here is my outfit I have on, that red striped top only went to the top of my belly button, I wore red balloon pants (remember those) with it, and my hi-top reeboks that velcro'd at the top with neon lime green laces and the black little jacket was purchased at Le Chateau that "dressed" the outfit up.
Now you can roll on the floor again laughing.
You know, I'm pretty sure we all have a picture like that in the bottom of a shoebox somewhere in our parents attic! Although I can't say as I ever wore red balloon pants...heehee!!
Thanks for the smile! That was pretty funny. Envisioning, your description of your outfit was funny enough on its own w/o the pic lol.
LMAO, I so needed that laugh today!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
I forgot all about you going with him...
You need to delete her from your facebook Mel then you won't have to deal with her...
OMG!!! That is a hoot! Love the hair...and I mean his!! What was he thinking? You look really cute in this picture. Too bad you couldn't delete "BurnOut" though.
It's so funny the crap we used to wear.
LOL!
Is that his ring on a necklace around you neck? Ah Memories : )
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
I must go diggin' up some old good photos too!
Good Lord, blog something would ya!
Post a Comment