Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SAD

I am very sad these days. My brain is so consumed with what might happen and what will happen and how are we going to deal with it.

Since late November my best friend has been battling some sort of virus and sickness. It was initially thought she was just fatigued, many doctors checked her out.

We have feared it was MS all along.

It appears that it may very well be MS now. From yesterday she has had 3 doctors look at her and a couple more sometime today or tomorrow. Her first appt was with her eye doctor who discovered her brain is swelling and putting pressure on her optic nerve, from there he took action and the ball has started to roll fast.

It appears the MS is agressive from what she has been told by that eye doctor and others since. Although back in May the doctors said they could not confirm or deny it was MS she would have to wait for it progress before they could be certain.

I'm sorry but that totally makes no sense to me. Many a nights we've been on the phone discussing why, how come, what for, they cannot diagnose it with science and technology today how the hell can they not confirm it?

I've shed tears and I know she will read this eventually and she will know how I feel about it.

She is 32, a young mother of 3 children young children who has her entire life ahead of her. I told her this is just a glitch that we will overcome together and once she can start to get meds this will help a lot.

Although the kicker to this story is they do not have any health insurance.

All I can say to this is we will figure something out, the money will be collected and found one way or another, I've already started to consider what fundraisers could be worked on.

She is scared, worried and the unknown outcome is the worst but with people around who love her and will protect her and take care of her she will come through this, stronger and better than ever!

Please everyone say a prayer for her and give her the strength she needs to get through this week and next and from then on.

2 comments:

The Original Princess said...

Small communities have their good and bad points. One of their good points is that they generally rally around to help each other. She has the added support of being known in 2 small communities. Things have a way of working out. She is lucky to have a good friend in her corner who is willing to help her fight this head on. Good luck A. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

NickyT said...

Reasoning, is always so hard to do when all you want are the ANSWERS. Stay, strong I know you can :) If not I know you have a brick wall of friend behind you. Please girls keep us posted.