I had an amazingly wet weekend camping out but I have to say its been one of the best weekends of camping ever.
We went with another couple who have a little girl a year younger than ours and they played together so well that we were just amazed, there was no tattling, to crying, no body trying to up the other, it was amazing these girls played together for 3 hours straight in our camper no less and we had to keep checking on them because they were so quiet, every now and again a giggle would break out on them but they were good as gold.
The other mom & dad said they were amazed as well as their usual camping friends have a boy and the 2 just do not see eye to eye.
Our girls played so well together that is was 11 pm before we even notied it and then one would come stumbling out to say "I'm tired, I need to go to bed"...I know another crazy act but that is how it was. We agreed to camp together again and again.
Upon my return home this weekend I had a message on my phone from my friend saying "hi, I'm back in the hospital, I can't see again, call me".
Yes! Flippin' great! My friend is back in the hospital and cannot see and they feel all of the fluid has come back within 24 hours, they are keeping her, today will mean a lot more tests, they are discussing sending her to Saint John and she could end up having some sort of surgury by weeks end. They are talking about having a shunt put in, now with her living on that god for saken island with a shunt, I'm sorry not a shunt and stint {what the hell do I know, this is all new to me} she can run into a lot of troubles, infections are typical with this device. Do you have any idea how secluded they are down there? Very MUCH!
So its still touch and go for her and we still have no answers. She is feeling very down and is scared to death, if she is in Saint John she is far away from me and her family, although some of her "island family" has agreed to go down. I'm just so beside myself, why plan a surgury when you have no idea what is going on? Damn Doctors!
Last night while talking she said "if I need brain surgury will you come down before it and say it good-bye".......I was like "what the hell is wrong with you? Smarten the hell up! I was pretty upset by that". She is already talking about not coming out of surgury, she is planning for the worst and so I gave her a little peice of my mind and the fact that her odds are good and she'd better change her tune or else.
What the hell is going on here? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone?
2 comments:
Aww mel :( I know this must be one of the hardest things for you right now. I really hope the Dr.s can find some answers for you, your friend and her family! Try and stay strong for her as i am sure this week she will need you more than ever!
(((((((HUGS)))))) to you both!
You are both in my thoughts and prayers...I couldn't imagine dealing with this from either perspective (yours or hers). Try to stay positive for her and believe in her and that everything will work out.
hugs,hugs,hugs....
Post a Comment