Ok so I've had a very stressful past month and I thought it was calming down but as of late last ngiht that is not the case at all.
Remember I've written about my friend and how they keep saying she has this and that and not to worry, she'll be ok and then she isn't?
Well were back to a tumour! My god please people this is crazy! They told her she was going to be going home and now this afternoon I called and she can't see again and her head is pounding and they have ordered an emergency lumbar puncture, she is in terrible pain and scared to death!
I just want to scream at these people, the MRI type test (more specific) was suppose to happen sooner but the Dr. (specialist no less) messed up the order and such and other things (I'm not 100% of that story) and it didn't happen on Monday as scheduled.
I am convinced that today is the day they notify her that she does have a tumour. I'm basically preparing myself for that news, I need to be somewhat prepared for that call because I need to move forward in order to be able to handle the emotions she is going to go through.
Life isn't fair, makes you wonder how and why these things happen to the people they do. Plus, you never think it could be you or you, or you or me! But it can be, just as easily as it is my friend.
BTW, I agreed 2 weeks ago if it is a tumour I'd shave my head with her - yeah it was a "make her happy" decision, I'm kind of regretting that now? I wonder if the halloween bald mask would fool her?
It might be a stinkin' cold winter? Bring toques!
2 comments:
You are a good friend Mel, and yes, I am sure you are strong enough to bend. And shave your head ;)
Hugs!!!
You are one of the strongest people I know Mel. You've been there for her when she needs you most and I'm sure she's drawing a ton of her strength from you! You will continue to be there for her - she knows that...bald or not ;) LOL
If you'd like, I can load your pic into Sophia's digital makeover game and we can see how you'd look bald ;) I cant' pull it off, but I bet you'd make it work for you :) LOL
Post a Comment