Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dear F'ton Drivers

I would like to say with complete certainty, you are all idiots.

Not that I am superior to you every single day, I do know you are lacking in many skills that deal with driving around our city streets.

Lets work on just one for today.

hmmm, lets see, the skill you most SUCK at today is MERGING into traffic.

Merging means: to combine, blend, or unite gradually so as to blur the individuality or individual identity of: They voted to merge the two branch offices into a single unit.

Do you see the word STOP in there? I do not....funny y'all seem to think to merge means to stop abruptly and twist your head and look around for on-coming traffic when it really means, begin tilting your head over your should about 100 ft before you have to actaully slowly move into traffic - what a funny concept.

When merging it is helpful to take those quick looks before you get there so you can either speed up or slow down as to actually deploy the "gradual" part successfully.

I know I was shocked to learn this. So was the twit arse woman ahead of me today when I beeped my horn when she completely stopped and proceeded to sit there so she could dart across 3 lanes at once.

See theres your problem lady....gradually means start in one lane, the one you have room to drive slowly in, and "gradually" move into the other lanes - gradually I said. That darting into traffice thing and making others stop right up is getting tired and old.

So if you get beeped at it might be me, my hubby will be hiding with his head ducked as to not be too embarrassed when I actually roll my window down and calmly explain your idiotcy to your face!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HERE, HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, my word verif was schlormal. Hmmmm....

Kimmartha said...

Ah yes, and here's an ode to the lovely gentleman who decided to plow his driveway into the road during morning traffic on Tuesday, causing all vehicles heading into town to have to swerve into the lane of oncoming traffic in order to avoid hitting a 3' high mountain of snow. Cheers to you sir - tweet tweet.