Saturday, February 28, 2009

Up and At em....

It is before 7 am and I am awake....I really do not know why but story of my life.

I've been surfing around on my new hi-speed internet, I now have a big ass satelite on my roof that I'm sure will beam me up if I put in the right IP address but hey its all good until that time comes?

On my drive home last night there were signs stating the bridge past my house would be closed....closed? Completely? For repairs. I knew they were going to repair it but closing it like all of it? Um some of the locals are getting nervous....what about the kids who go to school? The buses? The snow plow? The woman who owns the local store up the road lives just on the other side of that bridge? Can't wait til Monday, that will be interesting. If they do close it, my DD will not be attending Brownies, the drive that used to be 15 minutes will now be 1 hour +.

I hope we are all wrong but the signs do say road closure......

As I look out my window I can finally see the road. On Monday we had a "snow bomb" and there was so much that I could not see out my front windows, they were completely covered.

Its currently raining and my driveway is a skating rink.....should be interesting for the next few days......

I am glad today is Saturday - its get my taxes done day! Take DD to a movie day! Relax day! Have a nap day! See my parents day! and try to get some house work done day!

Yeah busy day.......but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

I had a terrible crazy week at work, so much so that one day when I left I thought to myself, what are you doing here? I've been in this position for 3 years and that is the absolute first time I've ever thought that...........sad I know...

Thought for day.......By thinking positive will help you BE positive

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... the bridge ... I meant to tell you about that Friday night. Ummm ... it's true. They're closing it temporarily. What I've heard so far is that for a while there will be a "roadway" for pedestrian traffic. Just think of school ... rumour has it that a bus will take the kids to the bridge, they will have to cross the bridge and get on to another bus waiting for them on the other side. Nice huh? They couldn't wait till the summer? Eventually the bridge will open to one lane ... don't know when that is though. I think next week is just about surveying and preparing ... keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Queen Mel said...

I found out yesterday that it is only closed to all traffic for the week, since it is March Break its no biggie, the ambulance will come from BC, the plows from Mactaquac! Oh how lucky do I feel? Um yeah....should be interesting....