Monday, February 2, 2009

Days like these...

We all know Monday's suck as it is but I really hate days like these when I feel like I'm in this all by myself.

I know, I know most of you will say "but your not"....but I am. I am NOT a single parent but there are many, many, many days I feel like I am when it comes to "our" daughter.

For instance......my Monday is something like this...

Leave at 7:15 am, arrive 5 mins early at school so I can walk her in and we can fish through the lost and found boxes (yes plural) for snow pants that did not come home on Friday. No pants that belong to us.....lets go check on the hook.....nope not there either. So.....the last place they were seen was the Indoor Pool Friday after school, but I called the pool - 3 times to be exact this weekend, waiting 10 minutes each time for the students to look - nope no pants.

So I leave the school this morning at 8am sending my daughter outside with splash pants on - I know I'm a terrible mother but I can't put tights on her because its gym day, I'm already in trouble for putting jeans on her but her comfy pants would have made her cold faster?

I leave there to go to the indoor pool that does NOT open til 8:30am, ok so wasted trip - whats new?

I get to work - late of course. I do some work at this point.

Call the pool at 9am and talk to the adult who works during the day hours and she is gone for 3 minutes because the detail I gave her allowed her to find them rather quickly. We all know students and instructions always leave something to be desired, right?

She found them!! Yes!!

So I leave work to get to the pool and drop them off at school before recess, I just can't have her out there in the snow without warmer pants. All the while I'm shaking my head wondering why I second guessed my child for telling me exactly where these pants were - I actually believed those students at the pool....what a fool I am.....geez!

I get to school, interupt class, call her out and give her a hi-5 for being so smart and right on for mama finding them. Woo hoo!

I run back to work , try to play catch up.

Work through my lunch today because why? Well its Monday. That means Irish Dance day, because some mothers don't work the studio decided 4pm would be an excellent time to have dance class for little girls.....yes 4. When I worked it out with my boss I was ensured by my ever helpful husband that there would be Mondays he could so pick up the slack and get her for me....that hasn't happened yet and we started this in September?

So he calls me and says....."um because we didn't get groceries on Saturday can you go get them while daugther is dancing", I say "sure, would love to, I have nothing else I could be doing like socializing, decompressing from my already eventful day - um no I'd love to go get the family food for the week - would LOVE to!"

Yes its already been a lovely day of running around and trying to do my job that I get paid for but in his snotty voice he has the balls to say "I have to work you know?".

Ah yes you do have to work but as I recall my going back to work also puts food on the family table and in the families belly. But alas this silly maiden forgot that the man is that much more important than I.

How shall I ever live with myself? Smother him, I know ladies........I know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, Mel, Mel .... your post only confirms that being single might be the best decision. Now, if only I could find myself a 'friend with benefits', I would be a happy camper.

Queen Mel said...

LOL - yes that would be a great solution wouldn't it. I 'll see if my connection pimps out?

The Original Princess said...

I'm not sure I'm the right person to weigh in on this one. ;)

Hollee said...

Boys are dumb!!

Just a suggestion, though, next time he calls and asks if you can get groceries...just say no! Not mean or anything...just say no and tell him you need that time and politely let him go...then marvel and the freaked out moment you've created as the hampsters screech off their tracks and he short circuits!! Cuz...boys are dumb! LOL