Thursday, February 5, 2009

That explains it doesn't it?

I received a call from my brother last evening he says "Question?" I say "maybe an answer" (because a convo started like that well one would never know).

Him: "Mom & Dad will be having their 50th wedding anniversary this year"

Me: Um yeah - hun that was last September, they actually signed the papers before you came along (he turns 50 this year)

Him: it was? How come you didn't have a party for them?

Me: well its like this, whats worse me taking them out to dinner or you just remembering now?

Him: well you always plan stuff

Me: yep and nobody else cares too nor do they wish to pay for it so no I didn't plan anything, it would mean I'd have to speak to certain siblings who I care not to.

Him: he says you really aren't going to speak them again?

Me: not if I don't have to

Him: well you should have done something for mom and dad

Me: your their kid to, the oldest to be exact!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are preaching to the choir! I actually did throw a party for my mom and dad because I knew that my dad wouldn't live to see another anniversary and one of my brother's didn't even show up!!!!!!

Hollee said...

I'm proud of you Mel!