Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cell Phone Smell Rones....

I've been researching something very cool. Disposeable cell phones, techinically they aren't "disposeable" but due to their cost they are.

For roughly $10 - $20 you can purchase a phone in the USA, opt for pay as you go phone cards, minimum purchase of $20 cards and off you go with roughly 200 minutes, no roaming charges are applied and international calls welcomed.

If I were to take my cell phone and use it in the USA, the cost would be astronomical! From Florida you can pay roaming charges on top of roaming charges on top of roaming charges depending on cell phone tower providers. I found on a forum that one man from Toronto with a Rogers phone made an 8 minute call for the low, low cost of $42.

I know, jaw dropper.

I need to call home when we arrive and DD will want to call with updates during the week, also if something were to happen (god forbid) I'd want to know (need to know) so for the low price of $30 - $40 I can have a phone that will allow me to do that. I can even buy a card that will allow me to text. I can drop quick notes to friends to say all is good.

How great is that?

Now I don't know for sure, for sure how reliable this is, I have a few e-mails to companies but if all goes well I can have one waiting for me in Bangor. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, they seem really popular with the criminal element, so they must be fairly reliable. LOL