Remember that ol' saying "you won't be the first nor will you be the last to....."
Yeah that one, I recall saying that about a friend who pregnant years ago who constantly talked and talked about being pregnant (before I was ever pregnant or thought of it). Little did I know baby brain takes over and its all you have to talk about.
Anywho.....I always use this phrase when I'm having a medical procedure or something very common like a tooth pulled, flying, driving.....etc..
Well I have to be honest and say I think I must be the FIRST person to ever have allergy shots! OMG!
I am my doctors first ever patient to have them so when I ask questions they wrinkle their nose up and say "I dont' know", when I inquire to the pharmacists about percriptions they wrinkle their nose up and say "um not sure about that".
Do I feel confident? Not at all.....
I was in to see my doctor today for my shot and I was talking about how I am a terrible flyer, I hate flying, it freaks me out. He suggested Atavan. I said "is it safe with my allergy shots?".
Keep in mind when I signed on for these I had to sign 11 sheets of paper vowing to do everything humanly possible to follow the rules of allergy shots and certain meds (lots) were listed that I cannot consume......so I tend to ask this question......
He says "hmmmm I'm not sure but when you fill it as the pharmacy", I say "well the pharamacists aren't always schooled on allergy shots", he says "it will be fine, I'm almost sure of it, don't worry"......hee hee um yeah don't worry I'll pop one of these puppies into my mouth just before we load onto the plane and I'll stop the entire airport in its tracks as I lie in the terminal convulsing, they'll do a traceotomy (sp? cut my throat) on me so I can breath and voila - total Grey's Anatomy show....perfect!
Nope not gonna do it.
So I called the Allergist office and the very, highly educated about Allergy Shots - my trusty friend - is going to call me back, (left a message), she is awesome, if I have questions she quickly knows the anwers and always says "don't hesitate to call if your not sure".
Awesome!
So now I won't have to worry about dying on my trip - awesome dude! That rocks!
1 comment:
I am going to guess that it is safe.....but the pharmacist should know that kind of info. It's their freaking job. And added to that, their computer programs should identify any contra-indications at the time of prescription filling. Are you sure you talked to a pharmacist and not an idiot tech?
I don't understand why people can't just say - "I don't know. Let me look up that info for you."
Post a Comment