Monday, March 9, 2009

"Final" Send off Arrangments

Have you ever thought what your funeral might be like? Who will come? What will people say? All good that is?

I have been having this nagging feeling in the back of my head that mine will be totally *phucked* up and utter chaos and nothing like I would have wanted.

why? Well the fact that nobody really knows me all that well or at least I don't think they do? Not even my hubby could make decisions with what I would like or want.

For instance: the Wake

Where do you want to rest for the 3 days or less of visitiation? Me, do NOT, do NOT put me in the funeral home and leave me there in the dark. My personal preference would be to brought back to my home for those days in the living room. Yes you heard me, bring my casket into the living room and have people come to my home. I don't want some stuffy funeral home that stinks of dead people. I want to be around my things. Or at the very least a big open church in F'ton but absolutely NOT a funeral home!

Flowers?

I want roses, roses and more roses - any color, every color...I want the flowers that my husband never gave me while I was alive. I know its a dig at him but its true I love flowers and I want to be surrounded in them when I die.

Music?

I know I am now catholic but I haven't always been and nor is my side of the family so my funeral may not be very traditional but I do want a catholic funeral but I do not want the regular church music, that is where my grass roots come out.

I want the following songs...

Yesterday - Beatles
The Dance - Garth Brooks
Let me Help you say Good-bye - Patty Loveless

go ahead and laugh at me but those are the songs "I" want...its my party (I mean funeral) !!!

Scripture Readings - yep (haven't decided what I want there yet) There are some really good ones.

I know this sounds very morbid but I am trusting you blog readers that if I croak you will ensure my wants get passed onto the right people...right?

Now honestly did any of this suprise you? Or did you really know this is what I would have wanted?

4 comments:

Kimmartha said...

Actually, I am not at all surprised by this - it is very you. Although it may seem morbid to some, more and more people are "pre-planning" their funerals. And really, that makes sense, because it is one less thing that a grieving family has to deal with after such an insurmountable loss.

Rest assured, though, that I have no intention of fulfilling these wishes for at least another 50 years or so ;)

NickyT said...

The Wake - doesn't suprise me. You are a scardy cat.
Flowers - nope no suprise again. The dig at DH totally no suprise. If you went as far as to put this in your will it wouldn't suprise me either...lol poor lee.
Music - I knew Yesterday and The Dance already. We had this discussion not long ago when Nan passed.
If for some reason I'm still alive and kicking after you I'll make sure it is a party atmosphere and to have a Shot of Jack Daniels in honor at the grave site!!!

Queen Mel said...

See Nick is totally dead on! I love ya girl....now that is my kind of friend...one who remembers to bring the Jack Daniels in my honor!!!

I totally forgot I told you the songs Nick! Thats right. Both of those songs make me cry.....

With friends like mine I don't need to worry about anyone messing up my final par-tay!!!

Woot Woot! You guys are the bestest!

The Original Princess said...

Aren't you a ray of sunshine....