
When the phone rang and I picked it up and he said "this is the Principle" my heart stopped, my jaw dropped until he said "everything is just fine, nothing wrong, this is a good call".
Um ok?
He called to tell me that my DD was standing in his office and that she was sent down to his office because her teacher felt she needed to be awarded with an acknowledgement of her excellent acheivements.
Those achievements this week were:
- Exemplary Kindness
- Exemplary Politeness
- Helpful to her classmates and her teacher
- Extreme Leadership
HIS words - NOT mine!
Hows that for a call from the school? Huh? Huh?
Yesiree, I am grinning from ear to ear...it is sure nice to know when your not around you know you did something right.
Today I am thankful for my little girl and all that is and all that she will become in the future!
7 comments:
Yay! What a great way to start the weekend! Those little "Sunshine Calls" are a wonderful thing!
That is awesome!!!
It was only a matter of time til someone noticed what an awesome child she is!
Oh, and the next time someone poo-poo's the way you parent you can whip that out and say HA!
Awww, how sweet and true.
I'm not even a little surprised that Bailey carries herself with such warmth and generosity in the classroom. Her roots are solid.
What a great feeling that must be for you. Also, that the administration takes the time to recognize students for their good behaviors and takes the time to notify and brag the Bailey up to you.
High Five, Baily You Rock!
So many parents who have older children said "wow, time sure does change when the principle called it was never for anything good".
I do not know about other schools but I am sure am happy she belongs to this one, their positive reinforcements are top knotch!
Thanks everyone! I so had to share all that!
That's awesome Mel!!!!
Our school has a "principal's book of winners" and I love it! The kids get a certificate to say what they're being recognized for, their name goes into a monthly draw for a book, and their name and achievement goes into the school newsletter - I think it's great that kids are being recognized for good things that they do - no matter how small it may seem. I'm always so proud when my kids come home with one for being kind or helpful etc
Congrats to Bailey for getting recognition for what you and everyone else knew all along :)
WOW Mel - that sure would be a great call to receive. Our school has "good slips" that they kids are called to the office for and presented by the Principal. They are for the same kind of things, good behaviour, helping others, being polite, etc and the kids just love it and are so proud. Our kids need this reinforcment and I just wish that we could all put this process into our daily lives so people could appreciate each other a bit more for the little things we do.
FANTASTIC!!! That is awesome! B is awesome! You are very blessed.
Post a Comment