Monday, April 19, 2010

I SAID CHOCOLATE!!!

Yesterday my husband planned a small family get together to celebrate my birthday. How sweet of him, even though he bought steak, potatoes, veggies and told everyone they were coming for cake? Luckily they hadn't eaten yet, he told them 5pm.

Men! Why can't they just tell people what they are planning, just say it!!!

Anyway....where was I?

Oh right, cake......as we all finished our meal my husband brought the cake up, now in our house everyone gets cake, everyone but me gets a vanilla cake, his family are all "vanilla" people, in my eyes I don't want cake if it isn't chocolate.

I look down and say "vanilla cake? why vanilla, that isn't my choice of cake?".

He says "well...........its a long story but after I got home yesterday from doing groceries and put them all away it was 7pm, I then realized I didn't buy a cake for you and took daughter to grammies house and drove like a maniac to town hoping and praying you didn't come home early and meet me on the road, you would have bee suspicious had I not waved or pulled over, I was back home in under 1 hour with the only cake sobey's had that wasn't a huge slab, I looked for chocolate but there wasn't any".......

WTH? No chocolate? Now I know your all thinking, "now Melanie my husband wouldn't make a special trip to town just to make sure I had birthday cake, be nice".

Whatever!

I'll buy my own chocolate cake - today! I will not be gyped out of my chocolate birthday cake no matter what he did to get me a cake period! He could have gone to another store for cake??????

Sorry, I want, what I want and it was not Vanilla Birthday Cake!!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That sucks! It's the one time of year when you should be able to depend on getting the cake you want! Were you able to get yourself some chocolate cake today?

As to hubby not letting people know about dinner - ummmm, could have been a disaster! Good thing no one ate before they came. BTW, what was so confusing about that part???

Also, to address Insightful, play nicely please. Specially when you hide behind an anonymous (and obviously incorrect) name.

Hollee said...

I don't blame you for being disappointed...I still think it was sweet of him, though, to put the effort in. I would have made him buy a 2nd cake the next night :) 2 nights of cake in a row is alllll good! :)

Hollee said...

p.s. insightful...you're bein a bit of a jerk with your comment...in case you didn't know that. The fact that you've chosen "anonamous" though - tells me you did know that though...which kinda makes you a jerk too. I'm just sayin.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Queen Mel said...

Well I must say its been busy on here since I last checked.

To my friends - thank you.

To Insightful, re-read your original post, put yourself in my shoes (on the receiving end) and tell me how you would feel?

I asked you not to judge me for wanting what I want, I should have bought my own darn cake! I know there are dumb ass husbands out there that do "F" all for their wives, those husbands should not even be husbands IMO.

I don't suck anything up buttercup because this is my safety zone to vent.

There is nothing Vanilla about me.

Not even my blog!

Nope Hollee I didn't have cake today, I'll wait until his birthday to have all the chocolate fudgey cake I can get because killing him with kindness is what he deserves, the party, the friends and the best chocolate cake ever!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lesly said...

Mel - I don't think a man could ever understand the relationship that some women (myslelf included) have with chocolate. I could pass by 100 vanilla cakes and not bat and eye but chocolate cake is a different story. My brain craves chocolate and there is no substitue. I can totally understand your disappointment! Guys must not have that that gene because they just don't get it.

insigtful - I recently found a church that I love. The Pastor has talked about many important topics over the last year but one sermon that stuck out for me was about Grace and acceptance of others and most importantly of Love. God loves us so much that he gave us his only son. And to honor him we must try to show others that same love. I struggle with this a lot because it's not often easy to do when we don't agree with what someone says or does but all we need to do is ask for help from God and anything is possible. If you would like to come to chuch with me I be happy to introduce you to our Pastor. You might already know who I am since you read this blog so you can just speak to me in person but if you don't know who I am and are interested in coming to church with me then just leave your email address here and I will contact you. Jesus has a plan for all of us and even though we don't understand why things happen we must trust him. I felt God speaking to me after I read your comments and I couldn't shake the feeling of needing to invite you to church. I hope to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

I would very much love to go to your church so that it helps me justify being a bitch to my husband for bringing me the wrong cake.

lesly said...

And we would love to have you at our church. Crosspoint Wesleyan, Marysville. Jesus love youi!

The Original Princess said...

Stop replying. People who leave these comments WANT to stir the pot and get your goat. Don't give them the satisfaction. You reply, they get what they want.

Auntie Em said...

Chocolate...I love chocolate...and I TOTALLY understand why you wanted chocolate cake! I love anything chocolate but can't eat gluten so no regular cakes or cookies, but alllll the chocolate bars I can shove in the pie hole! :D I think you should make it a tradition from now on that you will bring the cake with you to ALL the family BD parties and of course they will ALLLLL be chocolate!!! Happy Belated Birthday BTW!!! :o)