Thursday, April 22, 2010

This mom has lost her MIND

I feel like I am literally livin' la vida loca!

I will be so glad when Brownies, Dance, Sunday School and the other activities are done for the year, oh but wait......one activity goes all year long.....horse riding! Ah yes.

But that one makes me happy too.

I love spending time at the barn, I love the fact my daughter feels she isn't "pulling her weight" when she doesn't go, I like the fact her work ethic is strong at such a young age.

Seeing my child shovel crap for hours and smile while doing it makes my heart warm, to her it isn't gross, smelly or weird. She enjoys scrubbing buckets with scum, brushing down filthy horses, crawling under them to wash their bellies and of course jumping in the hay mound with the other girls.

Unfortunately, I am allergic to everything in the barn but the horses and it makes me feel horrible for most of the week, whats a little wheezing?

Our first show is this coming weekend, just for fun but a lot of work. We won't have our usual horse so that was a little nerve racking until we met him last night, our little dirty horse is as friendly as can be and we instantly fell in love with him.

Our first class is "costume class", well not knowing a lot about it I hit the internet and quickly found my mission.......I am still not 100% we can deploy the mission as well but I'll do my best, which will include less sleep but hey, it will make for an amazing scrapbook page doncha think?



I guess I'd better gear up for spending my summer at the barn! Oh well it could be way worse. Plus I get to ride every now and again too, which is music to my ears...........

Thank you Value Village for having almost everything I needed to do up this costume correctly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pics!!