Since last September I have been encouraged to become a "volunteer" with the ______ unit and as you can likely guess I am.
I have to say my standards for how things should be are way to high. I know it must be shocking for you to hear that but yes I set the bar high on what I want.
Now last year gave me some reservation about the entire group and how it was run, after being on the behind the scene trip these past months has sold me to the fact I don't want to be a part of something that just isn't right.
Poor planning, poor communication, poor attitudes, and down right nastiness amongst the leaders is totally unacceptable. I will admit I've held back a lot of my disdain (yes I have honest) I can't any longer, especially when the main leader called to ask me to become a leader officially next year.
I told her I'd think about it.
Honestly I wanted to say "are you crazy lady" right there but I chickened out.
I am totally not doing it and my daughter will not either, the group is small, only 4 girls and 13 girls in total from all levels. I have no idea why all the leaders feel all the girls should do the same damn things, why would little kids do what bigger kids are doing just because their a small group? Why go through the badge earning stuff when you can't even earn the badge? Plan your own crap!
Mind you this is totally my own opinion, maybe I'm missing something but I don't think I am.
To top it all off, if anyone has ever been involved in something their own child is they know how difficult that line of parent / leader is. I want to not be involved in something my kid is, she won't stop bugging, she can't stand the fact other kids want to do good deeds like clean up and such, last night she tried to overpower another kid for the garbage can to clean up after I asked the other one to help and cracked her head so hard on the basement column I thought for sure she had a consussion. Not to mention she sulks when she doesn't get her way in front of everyone!!!!! Totally unacceptable. I know she is a kid but as a leader your own child can't pull that shit, it isn't cool and embarrasses me!
I think its time to move onto something else or nothing at all?
No comments:
Post a Comment