Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life is Short

So the roller coaster of life continues at our home, I hate roller coasters and I'm ready to get off!
First off, I blame the stress I'm under for me getting a head cold and I feel terrilbe I've missed 2 days of work because of it. Good grief it sucks when you cannot breath!
Secondly what do you do when your best friend tells you the doctors think she has brain cancer? Yeah what do say to that? ........my thoughts exactly. What did I end up doing? I told her to remember they diagnosed her with 4 other major things that they ended up being wrong with so there are higher chances they are wrong again....although in your own mind you've been kind of wondering it all along..........that was Friday, today it was found out from her spinal fluid that she does NOT have cancerous cells (Hallehleulah - sp?) Thank you God!
Although that does not end the story here.........Doctors have confessed today that they have not one sweet clue what she has and is going to go to Saint John possibly next week. In the meantime, she can go home and get her kids off to school. Even though she has a mother of a headache from her 2nd lumbar puncture and they are "hoping" it will subside.....um yeah subside......the woman can't sit up...but whatever, she can lay in her own bed at home for that matter!
The doctor is so stumped that he went ahead and sent all of her tests to Halifax as well, he doesn't think SJ will have any better ideas than he has had so he sent them ahead and wants a consult from those doctors as well. Her brain is still swollen, the fluid won't stop building up and they have no clue. When she goes to SJ they will do a brain biospy and put a shunt in at the same time. Scray I know but it has to be done.
Then to top off my sick, stressed out week it has come to light that my neice might be coming to live with me, I can't give any details yet and I don't want to discuss why but I'm hoping she does. When she was little (like 4) she said to me one night "Aunt I wish you were my mommy". I said "I wish I was too honey"..........
So its been quite a week already and its only Tuesday, wow!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Melanie.....How did I not know you had a blog? Finally something is going to be done for April! Hopefully, she won't have to wait too long for her next appointment.

Good Luck with your niece:)

NickyT said...

Hang tough you two! April, is so very lucky to have you both.

Julie, do you blog too???