I am shocked at the difference in my daughter, she has shocked me to pieces.
Last year this child refused to read, write or do anything associated with homework, sounding out a word was a terrible task and would cause her to hit the floor and flail. Too bad for her when mom & dad walked away and she ended up having to do the damn work in the end and sometimes twice in order to teach her lesson, or did it?
There were times last year that I didn't think this child would ever enjoy reading, writing and literacy. oh Boy!
This year, we have a whole new little girl, this child loves, loves, loves homework. Teachers send all the homework home for the week, doesn't matter how or when you do it but it is due on Fridays. Last night my kid, who amazes me all the time wanted to do it all, all of it, then she said "I can't wait to do more tomorrow night mom".
"huh what did you do with my child that hated homework, where'd she go, please don't return her because this one is awesome!".....
I have to admit I am so proud of my daughter, she is so smart, do you know she loves math and science? Whats up with that? That little nerd loves math? Geez....Kudos to her that this stuff comes easy, it never did for me, and that is why when it comes to math homework its not my job because Hubby has already stipulated I am NOT allowed to help her with adding 2+2 and you know what, I'm fine with that.
3 comments:
Tell me that this will happen with Evan too.Please, tell me:(
Good for B! It sure makes the short time you have in the evening much more enjoyable.
I think something must "click" between Kindergarten and grade 1. I also believe it has alot to do with the teachers too :) Congrats to B for luvin the academic highway !! WOOT!
Post a Comment