Lets just say that once you pass the threshold of Kindergarten your on your own after that.
This morning was nothing like last year at all. We ended up on the playground, not going straight to the classroom which doesn't make much sense to me, we arrived early and was 40 minutes before we left because we stood around and waited, and waited. I have no idea what the thought process was but it was chaotic to say the least.
My baby girl was up before we were, bouncing in her room, had her bed made before we woke up then came in and jumped on us, ate breakfast and then we got there, she was behind us hiding. She said "awful lot of kids here", I laughed and said "yep its a school honey".
I now sit here thinking, what is she doing? Has she made new friends? Is she scared? Alone? Happy? Sad? Hurt?
I know I sound foolish to some but these are the thoughts going through my head at this moment.
I love her so very much and when she goes through something new I get all antsy and nervous while my husband says "stop it, she'll be fine, stop worrying"...yes I'll stop worrying as soon as pigs begin to fly there Mr. StoneFace! Give me a break will ya, I'm her mom and I only want the very absolute bestest for my girl.
On another note, my friend is headed to Saint John today for a biopsy and to have a shunt put in, she won't be able to keep contact with everyone so Julie is my ears for the next few days. I predict the surgury will not be until sometime tomorrow and I ask everyone to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
2 comments:
Every year brings new challenges.
Hi! I haven't checked your blog since I saw the link on CP a few weeks ago. Anyway, just wanted to say I hope your DD is getting settled into school now.
Post a Comment